Sunday, September 28, 2014

Expanding into "new" card markets online

Hi Everyone!


Right now isn't a very exciting time on Magic Online because we already know what's coming in Khans. and there's not a whole lot else going on...GP Los Angeles is in a few weeks. I haven't ever been to a GP so I'm going to swing by because I live in Southern California. I won't be playing because I don't have any cards to build a deck.

Magic Online doesn't have anything exciting going on except for me stocking up on all the tempest cards due to the low prices caused by the flashback drafts (I have also been stocking up on Show and Tell because it's a promo and are relatively cheap right now. To spice things up, I went and did something I haven't done since the first Mirrodin block. I bought some booster boxes of paper cards. It was like a drug. I felt a rush I haven't felt in a long time when I opened three boxes worth of boosters. Then I thought about what I was going to do with all the commons. there are about 360 per box.

That got me thinking. I wonder if I could sell them. Apparently people do all sorts of weird stuff online. People were offering "repacked" Khans booster boxes that sold in the neighborhood of $30 to $40. I didn't understand it because I would just take all the good rares and leave the bulk rares. The sellers did guarantee two mythics per "box" but they were crap mythics I'm sure. I get more surprised about the things that are available every time I look online.

Then I thought that selling bulk (paper cards) online was a lot of work. I can't be mailing 100 envelopes everyday to make $30 or $40. That's really bad pay per hour.

What about Magic Online cards? I started searching around for bots who specialize in buying and selling cards in bulk quantities. After some research, it seems like it's a viable possibility. This is a fairly new idea that I think is worth researching. I don't think there's a lot of money to be made, but I think it could be profitable when people are searching for cards they need for redemption.

I also came across this idea because I don't have a lot of selection when it comes to commons and uncommons and when I started my bot I had a guy sell me 6000 standard legal cards in 15 trades. It only cost me about $6 because I was prepared for this kind of thing but I think this could be a way to unload cards that are just taking up space.

Next time you're looking for a way to expand your business, remember there are always other "card markets" within Magic Online to expand into. I thought of the standard common and uncommon markets today because I thought it is potentially profitable and it doesn't cost a lot of money to get into.




No comments:

Post a Comment